Thursday, September 16, 2010

Summer Camping 2010

WEEK 1: San Elijo with Grandpa Mark, Darin and Janell, and Joy and Chris for a day


Our happy little Camper :)
Chris (Joy's boyfriend) impressed the boys by catching this little shark right off the shore. I thought it was a little creepy thinking there were sharks lurking right where the kids were boogie boarding, but at least it was little, right?


Grandpa Mark has a handicap placard, but don't let that fool you! He still gets out and boogie boards with the kids and they just love it! I have fond memories of him doing that with me when I was a young child.


Ready for a family walk

Remember I mentioned it was OK knowing the sharks were little? Well, on our walk we ran into Chris and Trent fishing and Trent caught this when we were down there! Now that's a big one!!!


WEEK 2: Leo Carrillo with Grandma Heaps, Jessica, Joseph & Jason. Aunt Cheryl, Erin, and her friend Alex. and Darin & Janell family
It was funny this year watching how obvious the division was between the girls and the boys. Capri, Jessica, and Julia spent a lot of time together- and Lauren joined them here :)

And, Trent, Trey, and Bruin spent a lot of time together


Lauren and Hudson don't care yet about the girl/boy thing yet, so they hung out

We hiked up the 3 mile trail with all the kids. It was an adventure that I was a little worried to take on, but the kids (especially Hudson) surprised us and did really well.


Camping holds a special place in my heart and always will. Its such a sweet experience as a family spending time together away from the distractions of the world (Internet, T.V, phone, etc.) As always, I was happy to return to my own bed and the conveniences of home, but many of our best family memories are when we are together "roughing it."

No comments: