Last Saturday morning Kirk was gone coaching our Ward's Young Men in Basketball. I was a little bummed about missing a fun hike that some of my friends invited me on. Seems that anytime we are invited to do something fun lately we already have prior responsibilities and have to miss out on the fun stuff. Instead of staying home and being bummed, I decided to live by one of my favorite new quotes.
"A person is only as happy as they decide to be."So, instead of staying home and pouting, I decided to made it a great morning. Cooked the kids breakfast then went out on a jog, pushing London in the the stroller and chasing Hudson and Capri on their scooter and bike. We made it all the way to the donut shop, which was an extra special treat for them.



It turned out to be a beautiful morning, and I could have missed these sweet sticky smiles if I had stayed home and decided to be in a poor mood. Being a mother isn't always easy, but these small moments of joy in each day are what make all the hard work so rewarding. I love my job as a mommy!
1 comment:
I love that quote, and it's so true. If you don't choose to be positive and happy, you'll live a boring miserable life!! And besides that, DONUTS ROCK!
Post a Comment