Monday, April 12, 2010

Final Getaway as a family of 5

For the kids' spring break and for our final vacation as a family of 5 we headed out to San Diego for a few nights. We had fun swimming at the pool, and playing miniature golf at the hotel. Our first outing was to the Mormon Battalion Visitors Center. Its a very good presentation of the story and it was fun for the kids. They got to dress up in some of the gear.

and pan for "gold." Bruin and I found a few small chips, so he was very excited.

The next day we headed to the beach where the kids just played and played while I sat and watched and got quite burned. Kirk got down there and played too- I feel blessed to have a husband who plays with his children.
That night we met up with the kids' Great Grandpa Kirkpatrick and went out for a delicious Mexican meal. He is a wonderful man, a hard worker, and he loves visits anytime we can. I enjoyed him showing me pictures of my Grandmother who passed away last year-he truly loves her and misses her so much.

The next morning I went and picked up Grandma Great and brought her to our hotel for a delicious breakfast. It was so nice sharing the morning with her. I feel blessed to have a Grandmother who is so strong in the gospel and in turn has passed this onto me and my posterity.

After breakfast we returned Grandma to her home and met up with Grandpa Monroe for another trip to the Children's Museum. The kids had been looking forward to getting back there since our visit in January. Capri was proud to conquer the rope climb. I wish she would smile like this for every picture- isn't she gorgeous!

Daddy and Bruin built quite the tower.

On the way home we were passing this big boat and stopped for a look.

Come to find out it is the U.S.S. Midway. Kirk read about some of the history of it- guess I was more worried about getting some cute pictures of the kids than learning at this point. So, ask him if you want to know more about the U.S.S. Midway....ooops :)


This is our last morning at the hotel. The kids did so well and we had a such a blast. Can you tell they just woke up? I can't believe that 2 of the mornings they slept in until 9am!!!! It was a great little get away just spending quality time together as a family. Boy do I love them!



3 comments:

Lizzie C. said...

What a great trip! That's amazing to have so many grandparents around for your kids, they are so blessed.

Jenny said...

I love the pictures. Looks like you all had lots of fun. You are wonderful making memories for your kids.

Carrie Anne said...

what a fun trip for you! i LOVE your hair...i think you're a total babe this pregnant! wow! i can't believe it's almost time for you! wow! it goes so fast! remember when we were pregnant with our firsts & just learning everything? i heart san diego & big james has been on the uss midway every time we go down...it's pretty neat. can't wait to see your baby!!