Monday, November 22, 2010

My Zoo meets the L.A. Zoo

The kids had the day off school, so we decided to head to the zoo for the day. It brought me back to when Capri was a newborn and we had zoo passes and went all the time. Now life has gotten so hectic that Hudson is almost 3 and has never been! He's my biggest animal lover, so I knew he would love it. Here are the kids in front of the bird show- one of our favorites :)

We saw many animals, but it was so neat that the kids could sit so close to this orangutan. We enjoyed our visit until the Orangutan did some "unmentionables." If you are interested in the "unmentionables" just ask one of my kids about it and I'm sure they will share the disgusting story with you.

After the zoo we headed over to eat our picnic lunch at a little train park down the street. Here are the kids pretending that the train is coming after them.
Capri pretending to drive the train. I'm not really sure what she's holding-may be a break? But, it is a cute picture of her so who cares right?

I managed to get a picture of all 4 kids looking at the camera. Some kind of miracle.

We are looking forward to another visit to the zoo very soon- now that we have our passes again. Hope we can find the time to go visit our favorite orangutan ;)

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

awww looks like so much fun.. I need to take the kids back to the trains up there.. its been a while and they really love it.. I never thought of the zoo too.. what a great idea.. your such a good Mama.. and I love love the pic of all your kiddos looking adorable!