Friday, June 20, 2008

My tiny tot graduate

I can't believe how big Bruin is getting. He is such a good boy. Sometimes I complain about how sensitive he is compared to other boys, but then I remember how lovable and kind he is. He will be starting kindergarten next year as one of the older in his grade. He is so excited to be going to school just like some of his older cousins. He is such a smart boy, and I know he will do great his first year of school.
Last week he graduated from Tiny Tots. The class sang some cute songs, and Bruin knew all the words and hand movements to all of them. He is very musically talented. I have to be careful what music we listen to in the car and at home because after only once or twice hearing a song he remembers it and can sing along to it really well. Last week I didn't even notice what we were listening to in the car until I heard him in the back saying, "smack that..." I don't even want to repeat the rest of the words- YIKES!!! These moments with him remind me of how much our kids are just like little sponges. It is our jobs as mothers and fathers to protect them from things in the world, and to teach them right from wrong. I think I need to work on the music area a bit.


I have to add that Bruin's graduation diploma said that he wants to be a fireman when he grows up, so he can put out fires. Kirk has been working on changing Bruin's mind ever since he saw that. Bruin's cousin Trey is the one who said he wants to be a policeman, so he can put people in jail. I thought that was a pretty funny reason for wanting to be a policeman. Some others that I thought were funny were Princesses, a Buzz lightyear, a little girl who wants to be a Jonas Brother, and even an Ironman.

We were so glad that Bruin was able to have Julia and Trey in his class with him. Also, thank you Dad and Joy for coming to his graduation, he loved seeing you guys.

No comments: