Sunday, September 6, 2009

First Day of School


This week both Bruin and Capri started school. This is a year of firsts for us since we have Bruin who started First Grade, which means our first child in school all day. We also have Capri who started Kindergarten, so this is her first year being away from us everyday. So the count is currently 2 in school 1 at home. This is the first time that we have had the majority of children away from home for much of the day. This is also Hudson's first week with major one-on-one time with mommy and daddy, which has been fun for us. Although, since Capri is in afternoon kindergarten he still gets to play with her much of the day then takes his nap when she leaves for school. Kirk and I enjoy a little bit of quiet time once he is down, which is great for homework time or a little snooze (which I admit to taking advantage of on Friday :).
Capri and Bruin both love their teachers and have enjoyed everything about school so far. I'm thinking its going to be both a busy, but wonderful year.

5 comments:

Lizzie C. said...

There is absolutely nothing wrong with taking a little snooze...it's the only way to keep on going with everything you've got going on right now. I love Bruin's sneakers, they are so cute. What an exciting time for your family.

Michelle said...

So Cute! Love those kiddos to death. Give them a hug from aunt michelle : )

Joanna said...

Bruin just had to have those shoes. They are gonna get smelly real fast, but luckily they were a good deal- $6 I think!

The Moss' said...

Awww, they looked so cute on their first day of school :) Glad you are enjoying some down time!!

ERIN said...

I also live his shoes. Hey do you mind sending me that picture of me buried in the sand at the beach. Cant what to see you guys this weekend!!! By the way send it to cherylkirkpatrick@sbcglobal.net