Saturday, February 13, 2010

Good Friends

Last week I was privileged to be able to visit with best friend from high school, Brook. She was down from her home in San Francisco for her birthday weekend. It was so nice to visit with her, her boyfriend, and her family. Her family was seriously like a second family to me all through junior high and high school. We spent nearly every day together with our common interest in soccer. We often played on the same 2 or 3 teams at a time year-round. Capri took a special interest in Brook's boyfriend- I don't know how many times I had to say "Capri, please leave him alone." She even insisted in sitting right in between them at dinner. Glad he was a good sport :)

Hudson and Dan. All kids love Dan because he still acts like a kid and he fills them full of junk when we go to visit.

Its interesting to see how life has taken us in completely different directions. 10 years ago I would have thought mine and Brook's lives couldn't be more alike. Now 10 years later I have been married for 8 years, have my 4th child on the way, and enjoy being a stay at home mother. Brook on the other hand is a professional woman, plays soccer 4-5 days a week, and is still looking for "Mr. Right." I'm glad that we can still be good friends even with completely different lives. Its proof that good friends can be friends forever.

No comments: