Monday, February 21, 2011

All my Valentines

Life has changed here in the Salmon home. For the first time in 6 years Kirk is working a day time shift and has weekends off. I am in heaven just feeling sorta "normal." I'm absolutely loving the normal day to day routine. I love that I can wake up each morning and be in charge of my whole day. I get a lot done, but the blog is one thing that has been a bit neglected. I don't have as many free evening hours to myself because I am blessed to be spending those moments with Kirk :) So, now that Kirk snoozed off a couple hours early I will try to do some catching up.


For family night the week before Valentines we each made a little pocket for our family members to write little notes in. The kids loved writing honest, loving notes to each other and receiving notes as well.

One of my favorite notes was from Bruin to Hudson, "I love you Hudson, even though you are mean to me a lot. You are a funny brother."

On Valentines we made heart shaped pizzas, which is currently one of our family's favorite meals :) We also had red jello with a whip cream heart, which the kids loved. I didn't take pics, but on Valentine weekend Kirk and I went out for a one of a kind valentine date to the batting cages- and I loved every minute. I love that guy! We have so much fun together.

Valentines day is a great reminder to show and tell others that they are loved. Here are a few things in my life that I love (although I could go on and on forever): I love being a mom, I love being a wife, I love being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ, I love the temple, I love being best friends with my older sister, I love the city I live in, I love to workout, I love that I can say I have my Degree in Child and Adolescent Studies, I love to laugh, I love date nights with the hubby, I love family night, I love watching Bruin play basketball, I love hearing Capri read, I love hearing Hudson laugh, I love seeing London smile, I love my life, and I feel so blessed for it to be filled with so much LOVE.

No comments: