Months ago my dad called me to see if I would want to run this crazy obstacle course thing with him. He was putting together a team- and said he was paying for the entire team. I figured I had no excuse so I jumped on board. It all sounded good and well until I heard their were monkey bars and rope swings- then I got a little freaked out. But, it was too late to back out, so that morning us girls headed out. The back seat of the car, Heather (my brother's girlfriend), my sis Janell, and I. All ready for our adventure.
My Dad and I giving the thumbs up with our team shirts on. My dad made 17 of these shirts- crazy!
Janell and I ran the whole race together. From shaving cream faces, across the monkey bars (my most feared obstacle and I made it all the way across!!!!), tube sliding, the slip and slide, crawling through the tubes, hanging of for dear life across the rock wall, over hurdles, through the rainbow of colors, high kneeing it through the tire run, up and down the dirt walls, down the huge water slide, and dodging the huge wrecking ball: we were together through it all cheering each other on. I remember quoting our gym trainer at one point when we were both exhausted, "YOU CAN REST WHEN THE GOOD LORD CALLS."
This is our goofy selves after the race. Love this girl!!!
Of course the occasion called for a human pyramid.
And some more piggy back rides, ready, set.....
Pose and give muscles :)
Fun memories made with my sisters and dad. I hope it puts another team together next year. I'm in!
No comments:
Post a Comment