Sunday, August 24, 2008

Perfect way to end the summer!


This last week Janell and I finally went to Glen Ivy together! We have been wanting to do this since April when there was a free day that neither one of us made it to. Her wonderful husband gave her a gift card last mother's day to go there, and both of our husbands were wonderful enough to let us spend the entire day there from 10-5:30! I think both of us needed this day of R & R after our 2 week camping trip, and before school starts. Who says a mother never gets a day off?

We were making everyone around us either stop and stare or totally laugh, and we didn't care one bit. We had a bit of a laugh too because one bald guy was completely covered head to toe in that stuff. We wished we would have gotten a picture. Guess we will have to go back again soon and see if he is there again.

I had to kind of persuade Janell to get in the mud pit,

but I think she enjoyed it. What do you think?

The day just flew by as we chatted by the pool, floated around in the water with our beloved Twilight and Breaking Dawn books in hand, got our exercise in with the water aerobics class, sat in the spa some, and then took quiet showers with no kids watching or knocking. I decided that the reason the spa is so relaxing is because there are NO CHILDREN! Sometimes we go out without kids, but there always seems to be someone's kids around no matter where you are. This is one place you will never see a child running around, so nice!


Thanks babe for watching these three while I took a "day off."



If you can't tell, the kids got to the camera again. These are the best of the shots they got. We had about 20 shots of the Tom and Jerry show they were watching on T.V.

One more thing....

Kirk surprised me with a yummy dinner at Outback Steakhouse- our favorite place for delicious prime rib- when I got home from the spa. We went all out and ordered some crab too as you can see in the picture. Thanks babe!

5 comments:

Tiffany J said...

Joanna I apologize for not getting your call! I think Steve and I need to do an upgrade because my phone, well...SUCKS! ha ha So I apologize!

I'm glad you got to go to Glen Ivy! I'm going with my mom on Thurs! YEAH! LOVE THAT PLACE!

Laura said...

Wow, I am sooo JEALOUS! I miss that place. I think the only thing it is missing is a napping room. Wouldn't it be so great to have a place to go take a quick nap before you have to go back to "normal" life? Seriously...I am so jealous!

Janell said...

I love you! You are the best!

Jenn said...

What a great spa get away, and spending it with a sister makes it even better. I love the mud photos, I bet that was the best part of the day.

Carrie Anne said...

what a great day for you! i am jealous for sure! that looks like such a nice, relaxing & super fun day! good for you & what a great husband!!!