Friday, August 8, 2008

Carpinteria Camping Trip

After years of camping at Leo Carrillo, our family returned this year to one of my favorite places in the world, CARPINTERIA! Not only is this the vacation spot my family hit every year since I was a toddler, but I also fell in love with my hubby there, and shared my first kiss with him there on the beach under the stars. Much has changed since that night 11 year ago. We have now been married for almost 7 years, and have our 3 adorable children.

Our attempt at a family picture. Yes, you are seeing correctly, Hudson is buried in the sand.



Everyday this week we spent at least 5 hours down on the sand. Bruin and Capri enjoyed playing in the water, catching sandcrabs, building castles, and digging holes. I am amazed by how busy they keep themselves. I have to practically force feed Capri when we are down there because she does not come up from the water at all!

One particular day Hudson gave Kirk and I quite a non-relaxing day, and as we were packing up to go back to camp I realized that Capri had not eaten or had anything to drink all afternoon at the water! We had been so busy trying to get Hudson to take a nap, eat, not eat sand, and changing his clothes and diaper multiple times that we never realized that Capri didn't eat anything! I felt so bad, so the next day I made up for it by bringing her snacks and drinks several times throughout the day.
This summer at the beach has been quite different then last summer since little Hudson is such a busy body, but luckily I have a wonderful husband who allowed me to grab a few naps and even a few hours to myself to read. After my nap the last day I woke up to find Hudson like this. He looked so happy to be playing with his daddy. Kirk and him really have a special connection since they have spent a lot of time together while I have been in school this summer.

Here is my supermodel posing for another picture. My sister pointed out to me that Capri seems to find a perfect pose no matter what she is in the middle of doing.

Me and my best friend (sister Janell) holding our infants.. Lauren and Hudson are growing up so fast! Hudson's newest thing is crawling on hands and knees and pulling up on a few things. These babies are going to be toddling around before we know it!

We are looking forward to another week of vacation next week. This time we will be at a different campground with the Kirk's family. I'm currently on my 6th load of laundry, and have a few more to go. Then I will be repacking (definately not the fun part of taking vacations).

3 comments:

Blake ~ Amber ~ Noah ~ Jade said...

ohhhh, way fun. I can't believe your camping again back to back. Good luck with that!! i think that would kill me!!

FelonyMelanie said...

Cousin!! Your kids are so cute! Congrats on Hudson, I haven't met him yet... but he looks adorable like all of your kids. :)

Laura said...

Hey Joanna. It looks like you guys had fun too. Where did you go camping with Kirks family? The water park was in Ojai (in the mountains above Ventura) it is at a lake called Lake Casitas. It was so fun. The perfect day trip. I bet your family would love it.