Friday, August 29, 2008

Look What's Missing!


You may be thinking, "Isn't Bruin a little young to be losing a tooth?" Well, you are right on the money if you were thinking that. This first tooth just got a little help along the way. Let me explain...

Bruin's good ol' creative Uncle Darin came through like always with a fun new camping game this year called ladder golf. He made his own "ladder" our of PVC pipes (I think that's what they are called). The game is that you throw these two golf balls connected by a rope at this ladder and see if you can get it to stay on the ladder. The cousins were having a great time and all the while all the parent were thinking, "I wonder who is going to get hit by those golf balls first." Sure enough it was Bruin, my little Mr. sensitive, and he got knocked right in the mouth. I ran over and felt his two bottom teeth were loose right away, one more than the other. He was worried until I explained to him a little bit about the tooth fairy.

Now, skipping ahead to about two weeks later, after a lot of wiggling that little tooth came out with no tears at all. We were walking back to the car from a little family day at the beach, and Bruin yells to me excitingly, "Mommmy, Mommy, my tooth, my tooth!" I ran back to see if he was ok and all I see is a big bloody grin on his face and his towel covered hand outstretched to show me the tiny tooth. I just started laughing, and telling him how good of a job he did. He was happy the entire way home even into the night when he put that tiny tooth in a baggy under his pillow. He awoke to a note from the tooth fairy, and 5 crisp dollar bills. He was a little upset when we told him that he should first pay tithing on that money, but once he came to an understanding that he would receive more blessings for following the commandment of tithing he seemed ok with it. He spent almost all of his money today on POKEMON cards, which he has been wanting for a while now.

That little hole in his smile is so cute that I can't help but smile right back when he smiles at me. Now we are just awaiting that second bottom tooth to come out since it received a direct hit from the golf ball as well. We will try to keep you posted on that. Maybe next year Uncle Darin will come up with a game that is just a bit safer- just kidding Darin.

4 comments:

Tiffany J said...

I've actually played that game...at a fam reunion but they purchased it and it came with blue and red bouncy balls attached with string/rope. It's fun but I can't imagine getting KONKED right in the face with a golf ball! What a brave kid and CONGRATS Bruin on getting such an amazing tooth fairy! $5!!

Hangin with the Burke's said...

It is not super early Christian started losing his teeth at age 4. I can't believe he got $5 though that is crazy!

Laura said...

I don't look forward to teeth falling out. So since he is so young will it take a while for the adult teeth to grow in? I bet he is thinking getting hit in the mouth is totally worth it now.

Carrie Anne said...

oh how cute! what a super sweet little boy!