Sunday, September 7, 2008

First week of school and Tooth #2


This week was quite busy with Bruin starting kindergarten, Capri in Tiny Tots, myself in 2 courses, and with Kirk's busy work schedule. I am taking the days one at a time right now, and trying not to forget too many things along the way.



I'm glad to report that Bruin absolutely loves school! He is so excited to go to school every morning that he wakes up at the crack of dawn to get ready. Usually he is all dressed before he even wakes me up. I'm trying to get used to waking up earlier, and being more on a schedule. On Bruin's third day of school he lost his 2nd tooth during snack time. From what he explained, it was the event of the day. He was sent to the nurse's office, and received a mini treasure chest that was just big enough for his tiny tooth. He also had a certificate (which he is holding in the picture), and a sticker that says "I lost a tooth today." He was happy when he received 50 cents from the tooth fairy(no more 1st tooth special). He called a few of his cousins and told them the news. Thanks to Capri we have a picture of Bruin on the phone :).


He was also happy to pay his tithing of 55 cents today on the total that he has received from the toothfairy.
I'm so proud of my big boy. We have already been working on learning his "sight words," and he is doing very well. He is so anxious to learn, and especially to be able to read. I am so glad that I am going to be able to do my student teaching hours in his classroom starting this week so I can see how he is doing.

3 comments:

Tiffany J said...

Congrats Bruin!

HEY I think you have the couch we have been comtemplating getting ha ha ha do you like it? We have an Ashley store by our house and they have a "no sales tax" sale right now...we're shopping for one so let us know what you think about yours....

Carrie Anne said...

what a cool opportunity for you! i'm sure you are super duper busy! good for you girl! congrats to bruin losing another tooth! wow!

AndersenFamily said...

I love the stories that come from Kindergarten! I can't believe you have 3 children, what a Mom!!