Monday, September 29, 2008

Capri's 4th Birthday

I can't believe my little girl is already 4, and only has 1 more year here at home with me before she runs off to school. Capri's birthday started nearly a month ago when we had a Salmon family get together on Labor Day. Since then she has been counting down to her official birthday. The weekend before her birthday we had a little party at my sis. Janell's house to celebrate Capri and Trent's birthday. We had a low profile dinner, cake, and they both opened presents from Grandma Heaps. Capri received two beautiful dresses and a craft kit that she and I spend an afternoon doing. My mom always pulls through with great gifts that the kids love!
Trent 7 and Capri 4



Grandma helping Capri read her birthday card


Capri's birthday resumed on Monday when we went as a family to Disneyland. She was so happy wearing her birthday pin, and feeling so special. As we were waiting to get in she wanted a picture with the letter "C" just like her name. I am so proud of her for starting to recognize her letters, and improving her writing skills.

We made sure to get Capri her birthday button. When the workers would say happy birthday and ask how old she was she would respond that she was 5. I kept having to correct her. I think she was confused because she had been celebrating so long.


Chip or Dale? I have no clue.


The next day we celebrated her birthday party at our home with a few of her best friends. She chose to do a My Little Pony Party. With the help of a friend, and some creative ideas online I planned a little party for her. Capri and I had a great time making her "Pin the cutie mark on the Pony" game and also finding some "tails and manes" for everyone to wear.
The girls all were so cute singing happy birthday and watching Capri opening her gifts. I loved that all of them made Capri homemade cards that were so adorable.
After the gifts I reminded Capri to give hugs and say thank you, but this is how it ended up.

GROUP HUG!!! SO CUTE!!!

The Posing ponies

This was the easiest party I have ever thrown, and I loved it! I loved watching them just play together. I literally had time just to watch them play. They couldn't believe that I actually let them open up some of Capri's gifts and play with them (which would never happen with a big party). After the mommies came to pick up their "ponies" Capri and I sat down and made birthday cookies for her to take to Tiny Tots. She loves baking with me, so this was really special for her.

I feel so blessed to be the mother of Capri. She is such a beautiful, sweet girl. She loves everyone around her, and loves life. Every moment I have to spend with her is a moment I treasure.

Happy Birthday Capri, Love Mommy.

5 comments:

the monroe family said...

happy birthday capri! what a fun party she had...good job Joanna!...off topic...that chipmunk is chip. dale has the red nose and buck-teeth :)

Carol Poulter said...

Happy Birthday to Capri! Isn't her birthday on the 23rd just like Cade? Maybe I'm getting confused? Anyway, cute idea . . . it looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

Mark Monroe said...

I'm so sorry I couldn't be up there this year for Capri's birthday celebration. Looks like it was fun. She's growing up so fast! See you soon. Grandpa Monroe

Alex Monroe said...

So cute, you need to invite me next time you go to d- land, i have a pass and i can help with the chillins.

Janell said...

Jules loved the Pony party! Your sweet feelings of Capri got me all teary-eyed... how blessed we are to have daughters :)