Monday, September 15, 2008

42 inch firsts!

Since Capri has grown an inch this summer, she reached some new milestones at Disneyland. Fortunately my wonderful mother-in-law asked if she could take Hudson for us, so we were able to ride both Mulholland Madness, and Grizzley River Run as a family of four for the first time. The looks of both Capri and Bruin's faces were classic as we got soaked on the River Run. We took some pictures afterward, but it is really had to tell how wet we really are. Let's just say that I am hiding behind Bruin for a very good reason! Note to self: If planning to ride on the River Run
DO NOT WEAR WHITE SHORTS OR SHIRT!

We also got to wear these fun glasses for the first time on the new Toy Story Mania ride. We were able to get on it twice, and Kirk barely beat me the second time. I think our next date night there I will definately be victorious. If you haven't tried the ride out yet its worth the 25-30 minute wait.
The kids also got their first close encounter with this fellow. We are not one's for waiting in long lines to get a picture with the characters, so I was pretty excited when we saw Mickey standing there with no one else around.

Capri also got to do something pretty fun at the Tortilla Factory. We got a little hungry, so we decided to stop for a little snack (free tortilla samples) at the Factory. The worker there asked the kids if they wanted to do a little magic trick. Bruin was not interested, but Capri was. First, she cut the tortilla with the mickey mouse cookie cutter. Then, she had to sprinkle on a little fairy dust (cinnamon and sugar). The tortilla went into the oven as Capri was instructed to say, "Abra Cadabra!" The lady then pulled out the finished treat- yummy tortillas that tasted more like churros to me. She sent us away with 4 bags of these delicious treats, which made me sick for the next hour or so because I ate way too many!


I love how Disneyland has so many fun little surprises. It seems that your visit to the park is never exactly the same as the time before. I had such a great evening with my family, and look forward to many more Disneyland memories until our passes expire.

1 comment:

Tiffany J said...

Hey when did you guys go to d-land? Steve and I LOVE the new Toy Story Ride! It's so fun! We've gone 2 or 3 times since our passes aren't blocked-out anymore...we all need to go!