Sunday, January 25, 2009

Help with Organizing

For a long time I have been trying to figure out what to do with Capri's walk in closet. I would love to get a nice built in organizing system, but the first problem is that it would cost way too much! The second problem is that it would not be something we could take with us to another house if we ever decide that it is the right time to move. So, finally I found something that would help with some of the organization problems her room has.

I found it at Lowes. The first time I went to put it together I found a crack in one of the pieces, so back to Lowes I went. I came home with a new box that looked much more intact than the first, so I thought I was good. WRONG!!! I opened the box and noticed that all the hardware was missing. Back to Lowes again!!! Did I mention that this box was like 50lbs+ and I did all the shopping w/o Kirk? This time I ran into a very nice employee in the parking lot who wanted to help me unload my return. When I vented to him that I would love the help because this was my 2nd time back returning it.... and so on. He was awesome and helped me do the whole return w/o removing the item from my van.

So after all the trouble the kids and I had a lovely Saturday night building it. Hudson loved the sound of the screwdriver. No matter where he was at he would run over and stare when I was putting in the screws.




He also had fun using the shelf as an obstacle course.




Here is Capri with the completed project.

One organizing project down... only a million more to go.

4 comments:

Blake ~ Amber ~ Noah ~ Jade said...

I totally just got those last week for Noah & Jades room. I did White in Jades room and Black in Noahs. But I got mine from Target. Oh and the same thing happened to me with it being cracked on Noahs. I was so mad but to lazy to go back. I glued it and tried to cover it with a black sharpie and put the side on the bottom by the carpet. It made me so mad though!! But they are super cute and hold ALOT!!

the monroe family said...

hey jo,
i just got the same organizer for reid's closet last week. we got ours at target b/c it was on clearance...too funny that we had the same idea!

Tiffany J said...

OH I LOVE ORGANIZING! I love the organizer you got even though it took so many attempts to get it it turned out great! YOu should be proud!

The Moss' said...

I have the same organizer in my kid's closets and I love them, but I got mine at Target and had no returns :) Better tell Lowe's to get it together haha!