Well, one part of the mission at least! Tonight I completed my intense 3 week college course. It was quite an interesting 3 weeks. I have to say that my least favorite part was not the studies, but juggling the kids around! Originally I only had 2 days that would conflict with Kirk's work schedule, but he ended up being on call and called in several times throughout the last 2 weeks. Thank you to everyone who helped take great care of my 3 sweeties; or should I say 2 sweeties and 1 terror (won't mention any names), especially in those last minute circumstances!
Driving back from class during traffic time was also one of my least favorite parts. I'm still trying to think where my mindset was when I lived right across the street from the college.
Why didn't I even consider taking a class or two when I was in walking distance, would have had my education paid for by financial aid, and only had one child at home? Now I'm driving about 45 miles round trip and paying way too much per class! I always knew that I wanted to complete my educational goals, so why didn't I just do it? I guess I never thought I would have the desire to go back in the middle of raising 3 young children. I always thought it would be when my kids were all in school. I suppose there is no point beating myself up over it. I feel blessed that I have the opportunity, a supportive husband, and tons of friends and family who are willing to take an extra kid, or two, or all three so that I can pursue my dream and complete my educational goals.
One more class down, only 6 more to go!
Driving back from class during traffic time was also one of my least favorite parts. I'm still trying to think where my mindset was when I lived right across the street from the college.
Why didn't I even consider taking a class or two when I was in walking distance, would have had my education paid for by financial aid, and only had one child at home? Now I'm driving about 45 miles round trip and paying way too much per class! I always knew that I wanted to complete my educational goals, so why didn't I just do it? I guess I never thought I would have the desire to go back in the middle of raising 3 young children. I always thought it would be when my kids were all in school. I suppose there is no point beating myself up over it. I feel blessed that I have the opportunity, a supportive husband, and tons of friends and family who are willing to take an extra kid, or two, or all three so that I can pursue my dream and complete my educational goals.
One more class down, only 6 more to go!
(December graduation is what I am hoping for, but I'm not keeping my fingers crossed) I'm already telling Kirk that I want him to throw me a Graduation celebration when I am done. He thinks I'm a little nuts for thinking about that already, but I think it will definitely be worth celebrating and may need some time to plan.
1 comment:
Yeah you deserve to PAAAAARRRRTAY after you're done! That's a lot of work that should be celebrated! Glad it's almost over!
Post a Comment