We had some games and the winner would have first choice at a new card. I felt bad couple times because the boys got more serious about winning then I thought they would. The best example would be the "simon says" game. Kirk told the last two, "simon says give yourself a wedgie" (Yes, I know this is awful!) One of the boys was quick to react and hiked his pants up as high as he could. He was declared the winner (by Kirk of course) while the other started crying saying it wasn't fair because he didn't know what a wedgie was. It was hilarious and sad all at the same time. Don't worry, I stepped in a made sure both of them were happy with the card they got, and all was well.
We sang Happy Birthday to Bruin in the morning and stuck the candle in his french toast. Glad Kirk and I made it through that night with our sanity. It's getting much easier to have these parties as the kids are getting older. I'm glad Bruin was able to have a memorable party with all of his "best friends."
Bruin and I definitely have a special connection, maybe its because we get to celebrate together every year. He is a sweet boy, and I'm praying that he stays that way as long as possible. He is a wonderful big brother to Capri and Hudson, and a great helper to mommy. He is also extremely smart, and knows it. He has learned so much this year in kindergarten. I am impressed by things he does almost everyday.
Bruin, remember that your mommy and daddy love you. Also remember that your Heavenly Father loves you and he wants you to communicate with him through prayer as often as you can. I know that you will be a great man to a lucky woman someday.
Love your MOM
2 comments:
Your story about the simon says game is hilarious! Boys are CRAZY!
What a fun birthday! I too can't understand the obsession with the cards...it's insane. ha ha I'm glad he had a good birthday! You guys do such fun stuff for your kids. I love the fam photos too! The one of you and Kirk is such a cute "couples" shot.
Post a Comment