Earlier this month on our trip I saw just a small picture of what life is like in less priveledged countries. Seeing the kids on the streets trying to sell stuff just breaks my heart. I remembered the feeling I had from my last visit, so I thought the least I could do was bring a smile to their face by giving them a small gift. Together with the other girls we handed out an array of small gifts: coloring books, crayons, stickers, bubbles, and jumpropes. The looks on their faces just brought a smile to my face and reminded me to enjoy the little things in life.
I also feel so fortunate right now for my husband's job. It seems like every few days I hear of a friend or family member being layed off of their job. So many people are struggling, and I feel so helpless. Families are becoming displaced as homes are being forclosed on, and I sit here complaining that I don't have a yard! I feel guilty for the many gripes I have made about having a small home with no yard. It is good to be reminded once in a while of blessings in my life.
Finally, I am so grateful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints. My testimony of the gospel gives my life a guiding light and a true understanding of the purpose of life. I see so many who fall victim to confusion and to the things of the world. The Gospel brings me peace, joy, and safety.
No comments:
Post a Comment