Most of you know that our family goes beach camping every year. Some of you know that Kirk and I met while beach camping, so it holds a special place in our hearts. We usually do 2 weeks of camping each year, but as of this year one more camping trip will be added into the mix each summer. My dad decided to start an annual camping trip at San Elijo (near San Diego). It was much different from the two other places we camp at, but we loved it just as much.
We loved the waves! Janell and I even went out one day
The kids, especially Hudson got nice and dirty
Look how dirty I am MOM!!!!
Lauren and Hudson discussing their next plan of attack
The three boys in their hole dug by mostly Kirk- I think he was trying to make up for the workouts he missed at home. I tried digging but didn't last too long.
Spending time with cousins...coloring, painting, and being silly
Two nights was just long enough to enjoy ourselves and not miss our beds at home too much :) Next month we start our longer camping adventures.
3 comments:
That looks like fun! I've never really gone camping, but maybe it's something I'll try.
I think you hit right on...2 days. Maybe we'll try this beach out on our next endeavor.
A new tradition with more camping. I know you love it...you are a saint in my book for enjoying it so much :). Glad you are having a wonderful summer.
Post a Comment