Friday, July 10, 2009

4th of July weekend

All dressed in RED, WHITE, and BLUE. Now bring on the fun!

First stop, annual firework show with Grandma & Grandpa Heaps. The kids and I look forward to this show every year. They love spending time with Jessica too. They colored and played until it got dark enough for the show.

Hudson wasn't sure at first, but once Jessica handed him this stuffed animal he was just fine. I covered his ears at first with my hands, which he liked at first- but eventually he wanted to hear the noise and enjoyed it. He was pointing and saying "whoa" once he got warmed up to it.

After the show. I love shots with me and all the kids- doesn't happen often since I take all the pics. Thanks ma.

Then we headed over to Great Grandma Heaps (Russell's mom) for the traditional root beer floats, and for extra fun my mom brought sparklers for the kids. They made me a bit nervous, but the kids loved them.


The next day we headed back over to visit Grandma Heaps at her wonderful entertainment home. My kids never want to leave! This is the only picture I managed to get- guess I was a little too relaxed :). Hudson enjoying his cupcake.

After I pulled myself, and my kids away from my mom's place we headed over to their other favorite place...you guessed it! Their Grandma Salmon's house. They had a fun block party. The kids had fun pulling each other in the wagon...

Shooting some baskets...

And, Hudson's favorite...playing with big doggies. Another thing that makes me nervous, but he loves him some doggies :)

Thank you to everyone who made our 4th of July special. I love traditions, and 4th of July is full of fun traditions I want to continue with my children.

2 comments:

Clairice said...

How exciting! I love 4th of July, it's great to celebrate with family, friends, and fireworks! :)

Haley Dennis said...

Wow Hudson is much braver than me!