Saturday, July 18, 2009

OC Mud Run 2009

This morning I woke up earlier than I've woken up in years to go run in the mud. Crazy right? Well, it was crazy and very fun. Here is the group of us before the run.

And this is us after the run (Phil missing because he was starting his 10K race). We were actually much dirtier during the race, but one of the obstacles toward the end was trudging through a nasty stream, river, hmmmmm not sure what to call it- anyhow, we got a lot of mud washed off at that point.

Some highlights and memories of the day are.... the massive piles of dirty shoes, duct tape, and socks. I guess the shoes will actually be washed and donated to a homeless shelter.

Next, the fun costumes that people were actually running in. This is one of the many creative costumes that I enjoyed seeing. Not sure how this girl did, but I' sure it was an interesting/fun time. One of my other favorites was Dorthy and the Tin Man running, but I didn't get a picture of that one.

Finally, this is our friend Phil who showed up in these nastiest shorts. He was the only one in the group who ran the 10K, so I caught a shot of him running.

We'll see, maybe next year I will be really challenging myself and do the 10K.

9 comments:

Janell said...

Yea Jo!!! I'm so proud of you, good job!

Laura said...

Those shorts are hilarious! I have done the Camp Pendelton Mud Run a couple of times....it is so fun! I didn't realize that Irvine did one too!

Jennifer said...

sooo much fun!!!!!

ERIN said...

OH WOW, ewww, and i dont know how you did that i would be sooo bad at that cuz i HATE mud

Janell said...

Weird, I left a comment and it's not posted?

Anyway, I just wanted to say good job and congrats on completing your first mud run. I'm so proud of you!

Tanya said...

Looks fun! I definitly want to do it!

Haley Dennis said...

Mmm... mud! I think the bird girl was Kevin from the movie Up! I feel like I should go run in the mud now!

Tiffany J said...

Good for you! What a fun run! AND Steve and I are dying laughing at Phil's shorts....so nasty! ha ha

The Okamoto Clan said...

I'm glad you had fun! I may have to try it next year!