Friday, July 10, 2009

Outgrowing its home

This pumpkin plant on our front porch reminds me of how I sometimes feel about my home.

It seems to be loving its home, but just needs a little more space to stretch its limbs :) Lucky for the plant, it will be moving soon to its new home in Darin and Janell's backyard. We however will be making our home suit us for a little while longer :) Its hard to believe that this huge plant started out growing in Bruin's kindergarten class in a tiny cup!!! Now its taking over our small patio.

3 comments:

the monroe family said...

wow! i'm impressed! i think you may be the only mother to keep those plants in the cup...i know that my students' parents all throw them out...and well my mom did too ;). good for you!

Anonymous said...

You are such a good mom! I threw out Ethan's Kindergarten plant once the novelty wore off and he wasn't looking.

Jenny said...

Is that a Pumpkin plant? Good job!!! You must have a good hand for plants. I have been trying to grow some herbs and so far my cilantro is gone. I don't know if it is the heat or Benjamin's little hands. However the basil is growing well. We miss you guys. David wants you to tell Bruin hi from him.