Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Bruin's Yu-Gi-Oh Party

For Bruin's 7th birthday he opted for another slumber party with his best friends, aka cousins. It all began with pizza, fruit salad and chips.

Then came the homemade Battle Ox puzzle. We had to be creative since it was nearly impossible to find anything Yu-Gi-Oh themed in the stores.
Next was the pin the eye ball on Kuriboh, again homemade.


The next game was a good match of Bop-it (a few of the boys got these for Christmas, so they were excited to test their skills). Trent and Trey were the finalists- they were going on for so long that we almost declared it a tie.

The last game was a "balloon battle." Some of the balloons were filled with candy, so the boys had a good time seeing who could pop the balloons the fastest and find out if theirs was filled with candy. Bruin and Tyler had a hard time finishing off their balloons.

(Please ignore my sick husband on the couch. He was coming down with something that kept him down for about 4 days.)
The scavenger hunt was next. The boys got ready with their glow bracelets and one flashlight for reading the clues. We turned off all the lights in the house. Then they were off. The clues took them to various locations around the house where the ingredients for ice cream sundaes were found. Nobody was injured, which was a miracle!
We sang to Bruin and had the cake and ice cream sundaes.

On the list next was to get all the neighbor's dogs barking with a ton of poppers. The boys had fun throwing them at each other. Then it was time to get in pajamas and lay down and watch their Yu-Gi-Oh movie. These sleepovers are getting much easier as the boys get older.

Happy Birthday Bruin. I can't believe that you are already 7 years old and that next year you will have the opportunity to be baptized. You are such a good older brother and I'm so proud of how well you are doing at school. I think I have one of the sweetest boys around- please never change. Love, Mom

1 comment:

Janell said...

Awww. I love it! You are so creative and I know the boys really really enjoy the effort you put into making the party so much fun!
By the way, I had to laugh and Kirk and his blankie. Was that one of the kids blanket's? Because Darin came down with the same thing, I realize he probably felt so awful that he couldn't get off the couch to get a bigger one! Poor guy!