The kids and I got an invite to go stay at my Grandma's house where my Dad also lives, so we drove down there to spend a night and a day with them. We were pleasured to have a visit from my Aunt Bev, Uncle Keith, and cousins Kim and Charity. The instruments came out and the kids and I were entertained. I have so many memories of my Grandmother playing the violin for us, so it is so fun to see my children gaining those same memories.
My children love their great Uncle Keith- who wouldn't? Capri explained to me later, that Bruin asked her why she wanted to sit on Uncle Keith's lap, and she said, "because I really, really love him." I am grateful for the love he gives to my family and for the wonderful example that his family is to us.
The next morning we were planning on a trip down the the bay for lunch and to play on the playground, but the rain changed our plans. My dad got online and found information about the New Children's Museum in downtown San Diego. We headed there for a great time.
The kids enjoyed playing with clay....
Hudson enjoyed the drawing center....

They built some block towers.....

Bounced on these funny looking things. The kids call them the donkeys?....

Climbed the rock walls.....

And finally rode on these little nifty things.

Since Grandpa bought a grandparents pass, we are hoping to return again with him again soon. There was so much to see and do there and all 3 of my kids were equally entertained- amazing! Capri has already asked me several times when we are going to the Children's Museum again.
Thanks Dad and Grandma for having us. We hope little Hudson didn't do too much damage or drive you too nuts. We treasure our visits to San Diego.
4 comments:
I have sooooooooo been wanting to check out that museum.... lucky ducks.. I have to get the kids down there soon!!!
What a great time we had together! Who knew that a "museum" could be so fun. There's no apparent damage left by Hudson or any one else. Thanks for coming down to San Diego to see us. Dad/Grandpa, and Grandma Great
Oh my gosh, your family picture at the top is SO cute! I hardly ever come to people's actual blogs, I read everything in google reader. Looks like you got the side bar probelm fixed. :)
we haven't done that children's museum yet so now we'll have to next christmas! cool!
okay...what a super fun getaway night for you & kirk in dana point! i LOVE LOVE LOVE B&Bs! they are the absolute best & that ones seems like a gem! wow!
finally...CONGRATULATIONS on your bachelor's degree! you are my hero for doing it with 3 kids! i don't think i could do that. you rock!
you're a cute pregnant woman, by the way.
ps-thanks for the budgeting tips you shared...so helpful.
Post a Comment