I'm not sure why exactly I decided that Kirk and I needed to get away for a night, but it was the best decision ever. We took the recommendation from Janell and Darin to try out the Blue Lantern Inn at Dana Point Harbor. We've never been to a bed and breakfast, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I am shocked by the relaxation I felt after a one night escape there.
Before we checked in we checked out the tide pools and had fun climbing over the rocks and talking with no interruptions.

In the evening we went to The Chart House with a beautiful view of the Harbor. The Blue Lantern called for the reservations and made sure we got the best view and even bought our dessert for us. Yum! We loved the extra special touch of having our names on the menu welcoming us.

This is the front of The Blue Lantern and that little dot is me standing on our balcony.

This is the gorgeous view from our balcony. We enjoyed sitting out there and playing a few games of Yahtzee-which I won of course.

The last thing we did was take a little ride on the provided beach cruisers to enjoy the beautiful views and nice weather.

There is just something magical about being away from home for an evening. Kirk and I both agree that we will have a return visit here and would love to try out a few other bed and breakfasts in the near future. We are thankful that Janell and Darin were willing to take our kids for the night.
3 comments:
ooooh! That place looks so cute. I might have to try it.
My family loves Dana Point... we beach camp at Doheny a lot. :) Glad you enjoyed!
I think I may have to steal this idea from you.....looks like a lot of fun!
Post a Comment