Thursday, March 17, 2011

Planting a Garden

My sweet friend noticed that I always seem to have a "wanna be" garden on my patio. I plant stuff with my kids in pots and we water it and watch it grow, but usually we don't produce anything amazing (like the the 1 inch carrot we grew last year in our pot, notice its not even plural! haha!) The kids just love seeing things grow, and I don't want them to miss out on experiences like this just because we don't have a yard~ so I let them do it even if it amounts to nothing. Anyway, this special friend came over and showed us how to plant things and care for them a little better than we were. I'm hopeful that we will get 2 inch carrots this year, lol!
Here's so pictures the day of the planting, the kids just loved it!

Tomatoes and Carrots
We actually have a few things sprouting, so I'm pretty excited to see if we can grow anything. We aren't hard to impress, so if we get a tomato or two we will be pleased :)

No comments: