Happy 31st birthday to the man who I've loved for 14 years! His birthday request was to go on a camping trip with just the 2 of us, so that's just what we did. We headed to the OC and hit up O'neil Regional Park for a first time visit.
We took a short walk and checked out this little creek. The whole time I was thinking of how much the kids would love it if they were with us. I can just imagine all the splashing, rock throwing, and laughing that would have gone on. We will be making a return visit in the near future to let the kids explore.
This is me relaxing in my tent. Not a normal sight on a regular camping trip~ usually I'd be covered with dirt from head to toe with kids climbing on me, and jumping on my bed. In place of that Kirk and I relaxed, talked without interruption, went on a few walks, and read some parts of the 5 Love Languages book that I've been reading.
A special thanks to my wonderful mother-in-law and sister for taking the kids for us and allowing us this special time to be together.
2 comments:
We love O'Neil park.. {your right the kids love to throw rocks in that creek.. you should take them sometime.. and let us know!} awwww glad you guys had fun.. what a great idea to camp just the two of you!
For sure! I totally thought of you guys when we were there! You and Mark should try camping without kids, it was really neat to just get away for a night and talk out in the nature with no distrations.
Post a Comment