This year mother's day turned into a whole weekend of relaxation and pure perfection!
It began with a nice mother's day dinner out at Olive Garden with my mom and sister. Total we have given birth to 15 children!!! Wowzers!!! We stuffed our selves full and had some great laughs. I look forward to our dinners out about every 6 months~ usually on my birthday and on mother's day. This is really one of my favorite traditions!
Janell and I weren't quite ready to go home, so we thought Mother's Day was a perfect excuse to get ourselves a piece of cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory and make ourselves sick! So we did exactly that :) We could not even take the last couple bites we were soooooo full!!!
(Sidenote: What are people's feelings on tipping the guy behind the bakery counter who puts your cheesecake in a box and rings you up? I felt a little guilty not giving him a tip, but do you give the guy at McDonalds a tip when he brings you food~ no! Aren't these = jobs?)
When I got home that night I told Kirk about our night of Olive Garden and Cheesecake~ he told me I had ruined his date because he was planning to take me to Cheesecake Factory, but I objected and said I had nothing against eating pure deliciousness two nights in a row :) We wandered around Victoria Gardens until our table was ready then we sat outside and had a romantic dinner and took our cheesecake to go. Next we went to the gym and relaxed in the spa, sauna, steam room, and pool. It was pretty much a ghost town there, so we enjoyed our time.
The next day I was woken to waffles covered in strawberries and whipped cream. At church the kids sang to all the moms and I loved it. After church I was treated like a princess and put down for a nap (my favorite!!!). For dinner Kirk made the absolute yummiest steak and potato dinner and he and the kids gave me what I had been hinting at for the last month or two.

This awesome watch that I have been loving!
I really had the best Mother's Day ever! I feel so blessed to be a mother and to have the opportunity to teach and rear God's children. Tough times like potty training, homework, laundry, etc ( I could go on and on) sometimes get me down, but at the end of the day motherhood is what I have wanted all my life. Being a mother is what makes me who I am today, and who I am is just who I want to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment