Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Memorial day in Newport

We started the day out early, so instead of heading right down to the water we ventured out for a walk with my Mom and Jessica. London enjoyed her ride in the car minus one accident of her sticking her finger on the wheel- ouch! She is a curious one :)

The girls lined up some of their finds as we took a short break. Beautiful, petite seashells.


Then here's Bruin with his find. Such a boy. He didn't understand why he couldn't bring that home with us. haha!





Once we got down to the water I couldn't sit for a moment because London thought she could just dive right into the water~ no fear!!! I was exhausted in like 15 minutes, so Joy (being the awesome host she is) went and grabbed this storage bin and filled it with a little water. London was contained while I got a short break.


The kids took a while to like the idea of being on the "bay side" of the beach instead of the "real beach," but once they started learning all the things they could do they really started loving it. They swam out to the platform several times. Bruin's pose here cracked me up!




We took turns riding on the kayak. Here is my turn with Capri. I love every moment alone with her. I know she is my daughter, but really I think she is the sweetest, kindest little girl I know. I know whoever she decides to fall in love with will be one lucky man!






While the big kids were out on the platform and London went down for a nap at Joy's place Hudson and I collected shells and made this heart. I know I pick on Hudson a lot for being such a stinker, but I love him more than anything. He lights up our family so much. His smile and laugh can brighten my day in an instant. I can have so many things on my to do list, but when he looks at me and smiles and tells me he wants to read a book, play a game, or watch a movie with me I will drop anything to spend that time with him.




The day was not complete until these boys got back from their fishing adventure with Chris and Darin on Chris's new boat. I am so glad that Chris has introduced our boys to the world on the water. They love every minute with Chris learning about fishing. Thanks Chris for sharing your love, talent, and passion with us~ not to mention the delicious shark you BBQed for us! I can't wait for our next visit to Chris and Joy's, its already on the calendar!




No comments: