Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Rocking has disappeared...

although it took a couple days I feel like my feet are now planted firmly on the ground. Our return home has been both dreaded and enjoyable. I have defeated the mounds of laundry. I was determined after a comment from Bruin simply stating, "Mom, you need to do laundry!" This was after the 3rd time of digging through rubbles of clean laundry looking for a certain piece of clothing that he was in need of. First time was a shirt, second time clean undies, and thirdly pjs. Now that it is complete, it will be at least a 2 days before I have mounds again... oh the joys of motherhood.

The most enjoyable part of coming home has been being with my kids again. I surprised myself on Friday night when I really started to miss them. I think all the mommies and daddies were feeling the same way. It was the first night that our dinner conversation turned to memories of our children, and even looking at photos of them on our digital cameras. Guess we really do love our little munchkins. They say that absence makes the heart grow fonder.... I definitely think that applies here.

Here are a few photos from our trip. I should be getting some copies of better pictures that some of the other couples took (hint, hint), but here are some of our captured memories.


All 4 couples at our formal night. Look at that view!


Kirk enjoying his ATV ride in Cabo San Lucus (Day 3)

Our catamaran ride over to the secluded beach in Mazatlan (Day 4) Following this Kirk and I rented a Wave runner and had a blast riding through the bumpy bay water. We both agreed that activity was the most fun. Who knows? Maybe our future will include a couple of those bad boys!
Day 5 After a long day of snorkling and kayaking-returning back to the ship via catamaran. I think we both grabbed a short snooze on the ride back.
Rock climbing on the Aft of the ship while at Sea (Day 6) Kirk and I both made it up in a snap!

Luckily we did these activities because this is a small example of our diet on the ship.

5 desserts in one night and 3 shrimp cocktail appetizers (per person)

And we can't forget those nightly Virgin Pina Coladas, Miami Vices, and Strawberry Daiquiries

What I learned from this trip...

I love spending time with my husband!

Kirk and I both have a love for adventurous things, so my new goal is to do a minimum of one new adventure each year together.

I love eating, so I need to take at least of year or 2 break from cruises!

I love to laugh and be with fun friends.

I love relaxing and getting a good 9 hours of sleep every night (and a nap in the afternoon too)!

I love being a mother! I miss my kids when I am away for more than about 5 days.

I am so blessed with wonderful family and friends who took such great care of my kids.

I hate returning home to the mounds of laundry, dishes, cooking, cleaning, and homework!!!

Thanks Darin and Janell for the invite! Also, thank you to all those friends and family who cared for our 3 kiddos while we were away. Props to my Aunt who watched my little Hoodie monster even with the teething and cough/cold! You are all awesome!

3 comments:

The Moss' said...

Sounds like you guys had lots of fun :), I'm so jealous!

Janell said...

Love the post, those were good times. Thanks for helping us celebrate our 10th, it wouldn't have been the same without you there. I need to get on it and do my own post, still easing into REAL LIFE! See you at dance!

this mormon mama said...

That definitely was super fun!!

It was fun to hang out with you guys and get to know you better. We need to plan a date night soon. The "rocking" thing was rough, wasn't it? It took us a few days, too. I will email you some pictures soon. I haven't conquered my laundry pile yet- maybe when that is done!