(on the balcony overlooking the swimming pools and lazy river)
Most of our summer vacations consist of setting up camp, cooking food over a camp stove, scrubbing dish after dish by hand, taking showers on as few quarters as possible (you know what this means if you camp), and then cleaning up camp. You do get a few relaxing moments in there, but it is a lot of work! I grew up thinking of camping as vacation, but as an adult I'm coming to realize there are other, more relaxing ways to vacation. Obviously, I've taken some nice cruises with Kirk, but I'd say this week was the first time I had a "relaxing" family vacation!


These two eventually were swimming around without floaties, so Janell and I were so proud (maybe just a tad bit nervous too :)! We are hoping this converts over to the real pool this summer.
Thanks to Darin and Janell for the invitation to join you on your family vacation. We had a great time. I'm not writing off camping completely because its such a great family tradition, but I think we will be adding a few "relaxing" vacations in every couple years.
We spent time with the family in the Lazy River- being nothing but LAZY!!! I'm not sure how many hundreds of times we went around and around, which is just grand!
These two eventually were swimming around without floaties, so Janell and I were so proud (maybe just a tad bit nervous too :)! We are hoping this converts over to the real pool this summer.
The Kids loved the 1 foot little kiddie pool with their cousins (Hudson not so much, but he warmed up a little more each time)
This one prefers to be on land. Believe it or not this is his happy cheese face.

These two figured out some naughty stuff by the end of the trip, including some table dancing skills. Lauren (my niece) learned to say cheese this week after hearing Hudson say it every time I pulled out the camera.

Finally, we were able to celebrate Grandma Salmon's birthday. With some mad poetry writing skills from Darin she found her gifts in some creative places including the Murphy bed, cooking pot, and empty granola bar box.
These two figured out some naughty stuff by the end of the trip, including some table dancing skills. Lauren (my niece) learned to say cheese this week after hearing Hudson say it every time I pulled out the camera.
Finally, we were able to celebrate Grandma Salmon's birthday. With some mad poetry writing skills from Darin she found her gifts in some creative places including the Murphy bed, cooking pot, and empty granola bar box.
Thanks to Darin and Janell for the invitation to join you on your family vacation. We had a great time. I'm not writing off camping completely because its such a great family tradition, but I think we will be adding a few "relaxing" vacations in every couple years.
8 comments:
How cute!! GREAT VACATIONS are a MUST! ;) Sorry for not updating you on my new address... MISS YA GUYS!! Hope you are doing well! ;)
Where's the Lazy River!? What an awesome trip!
i'm glad to hear that you and janell are starting to see vacations a little more the way i like them :)
What a fun time! It looks like the kids had a blast. Please tell me where this lazy river is. It sounds fabulous!!!
We went to the Worldmark resort in Indio. Guess you have to know someone with a timeshare to get in.
Ha! I recognize that place...it is our favorite! We don't own...we just steal bonus time from my parents. LOVE THAT PLACE!
Aww your kids are too cute!
That looks so fun! Glad you enjoyed your vacation!
Post a Comment