Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Happy Birthday Daddy!

This is a bit late, but it is because we were so busy celebrating :) Kirk just turned 29 last week. I felt so bad that he had to work on his birthday. The kids only got to see him for like an hour or so before he had to leave for work, so we opted for a special trip out to see him. I packed up the kids with their little hands full of surprises for their daddy. We met up at Del Taco for a quick visit. The kids all wanted to sit by him, which I definitely didn't object to. Usually I have kids crawling all over me, so it was nice to have a bench seat all to myself.

They had each painted him a picture, made him a card, and picked out something small at the store for him. My heart melted when Bruin surprised him with a coupon for a free burger at In and Out- an award he had received because he led the school in the pledge of allegiance. Kirk couldn't stay long before the city needed him, but I am so glad we made the trip. Afterward he led us to a park that the kids just loved (a new park is always a fun park). Happy Birthday to a wonderful husband, father, son, priesthood holder, and police officer. We love you!
I did take him out on friday night for a better celebration, and thanks to our family for helping with the kids so we could stay out late, and wake up whenever we pleased. Such a nice feeling!

4 comments:

The Moss' said...

That was really sweet of Bruin, too, too cute!! Hope Kirk had a great birthday! We still need to get together sometime :)

Janell said...

Awww, Bruin is such a sweetie! By the way, Darin loved his picture that Bruin mailed.

Hangin with the Burke's said...

How fun and it is so great to have the seat to yourself! Happy Birthday Kirk!

ERIN said...

happy birthday!!!!