Something new happened this week. Kirk finally socialized ! Some guys at work had a getting off probation party, and Kirk was actually interested in going. For those of you who know him well (which is few because of his antisocial ways), he can actually be pretty fun once he gets comfortable. We went over to one of the guys houses and had some yummy tacos (they hired these taco cart people), and just had fun getting to know some of his coworkers. Its so funny because I hear the names of these guys like a million times, so I have this preconceived idea of what they look like, and they never seem to be quite as I imagined them. I always picture some tough guys, but when they are with their wives and children they just are little softies. I guess the uniform somehow turns them into someone else out on the street. It was definitely good to put some names and faces together. There ended up being quite a big group there, but we left when it started to get a little rowdy.
It was so funny because we ended up at what may now be known as the Mormon 7up table. There were about 5 couples that were all members of our same church, so none of us had alcohol or coke :). All the drinks left on the table when we left were green 7 up cans- so Mormon like! We took off early with the rest of the table, and headed over to a more calm atmosphere at one of their homes. Of course the guys had to turn on cops and watch a few arrests. I think Kirk has memorized like every episode, so he can tell you if its a good one or not even before it starts. In all, we had a great time, and I am hoping that we can get together again soon. Its nice to have other women that are in the same boat you are in with husbands weird schedules, and all the "on call" stuff. I feel like they totally understand how I am feeling, and we can all complain and roll our eyes together. Almost all of us have Disneyland passes, so I think we are going to try to plan a day to go together. I'm hoping something works out, cuz its great to have friends who are going through similar experiences in their lives so you can lean on each other.
2 comments:
Ok, we are scary similar! ha ha I just blogged about the same thing! It was so fun getting a chance to all meet each other and chat! We can't wait to get together again! Don't be strangers! When's our first d-land trip?? Your kids are adorable!
sounds like you had a lot of fun!!
Post a Comment