Thursday, May 22, 2008

Our week of activities

Kids can have fun doing anything and this picture proves that! We had gone out for a fun dinner to Red Robin, and afterward we ran over for Kirk to shop quickly for some new clothes. We have been working on his clothes situation for the last couple weeks, ever since I realized his two favorite pairs of jean shorts (at least 3 years old) both have holes in them. These pairs are identical, and he chooses to wear them as often as possible. Anyways, I was trying to keep Hudson entertained while Kirk was trying on a few things, and this is what I saw when I looked up. Its Bruin in the dressing room trying on one of the pairs that daddy decided to buy. I really should have taken a video because he was being so doing a silly dance and making the best faces ever!


Of couse our week wouldn't be complete without a trip to Disneyland. This was my first time watching the California Adventure parade, so I snapped a few shots. We were in a great spot- almost every character came over and gave the kids high fives. We were with my inlaws and my sister in law Kristi. Bruin called Kristi his date that day since he had called her the day before and asked if she could take him to Disneyland. He held her hand almost the entire day, and when Kirk teased him about wanting to kiss Kristi on Space Mountain in the dark he just shrugged his shoulders and smiled. Usually he yells, "NO!" when we tease him about kissing anybody, so he definately thinks his aunt Kristi is cute. I wish I would have got a picture of him with her that day- maybe next time.




Bruin is very proud of his new boogie board. He did make $8.45 from his can collecting adventure, but this board actually came from someone in our ward who heard of his plans to earn money for a boogie board. They were so nice to say he could have one of their old boards that hadn't been used for years. I was surprised that he was so willing to take this one instead of buying his own new one from the store. When I told him that someone wanted to give him one of their old one's he said, "yes, now I can buy a beach ball with my money." I think we can manage that one, considering that will be $2.00 tops. Looks like we will be saving the rest for something else.



Finally, I am excited to report that Kirk's Lasik surgery is scheduled for the first week of June- only two weeks away. Its amazing how quickly everything came together. I am so excited for him. He has to wear glasses for two weeks, which he is not too excited about, but it will definately be worth it.

Well, that is a week in the day and life of the Salmons.

4 comments:

Janell said...

The kids and I are checking out your blog... they think Bruin looks funny trying on the "boxers" (I know they are shorts, but they think they are boxers). We also think Hudson looks like a funny surfer-dude on the boogie board! What are you up to today??? I was thinking of taking the kids to the childrens museum or a jumping place???

bladhfamily said...

I just love your kids. They are such good listeners and are just so sweet. That just shows that you are a good mommie. Hudson is so adorable. Hope Kirk has a good birthday. Do you need me to watch the kids sometime next week so you can go out for his bday

Tiffany J said...

What a lot of fun your week was!! I can't wait till we can all get together and have a dland day! Those are the best! We'll have to wait for the rain to go away!!

Anonymous said...

Aww, cool, GOOD LUCK with lasik surgery...TODD LOVES it and I LOVE it even more!! Your kids are stinkin cute and your HUDSON is getting way BIG!! ;) I keep saying I need to get together and hang with everyone..but I am TOTALLY in my last days I feel like with this pregnancy...AHHH!! ;) SO EXCITED...but would LOVE to see you guys!! K.. I will shut it now...HEE!!