I couldn't help but reminisce of the high school days and fun dances. I am so lucky that I have many of those memories to share with my prince charming- yes, I am referring to Kirk if you were wondering. I went to his senior prom with him, which is the one I remember best. He was gone on his mission for my senior prom, so I ended up going with some random guy that I thought was semi cute. It's so funny to look back and think what was important then compared to what is important now in my life. I can't believe it has been 8 years since my last PROM.
I'm so glad that life continues to progress and change. Imagine how boring life would be if we never grew up, got married, had children, watched those children grow, became grandparents, etc... Some people say that they wish that they never grew old, but I think I'm more on the side of growing up. I love gaining knowledge, seeing change, and being able to look on the old times and realize how life has changed. I love where I am right now in my life. Right now I love Trace Adkin's new song about this process of growing up. The message is to enjoy life now, and to not always focus on what you want in the future. I've been trying harder to do this lately- trying to enjoy my kids while they are young and enjoying my little humble condo. These are the times I will look back and say, "Where did all that time go when the kids were young and innocent. The times where they believed every word I said. The days when we were carefree and could go to the park, pool, disneyland whenever we wanted." The list could go on and on.
So, my thought of the day is to Enjoy the Moment!
Uncle Jason was also going to the prom, so here is Hudson taking a picture with his slick Uncle.
We didn't want to leave Uncle Joseph out of the pictures, so here is a picture of he and Hudson (Joseph was all ready to go to work at Black Angus).
7 comments:
Thanks for the comment. I would charge for that amount of people about $140. That includes 3 hours and all the images on a disc. Let me know I would love to do that!
What a great blog Joanna. Thanks for caring so much for your sisters and your brothers. As your father, I couldn't be more proud of how my children are growing up, and how much they love and care about each other. Perspective is such a great lesson to learn in life. One of my favorite sayings is that "The past is not to live in, but rather to learn from." Along with that is the concept that "How we live today helps determine our options tomorrow."
You're wise to enjoy and appreciate each day as they come. What a wonderful woman you have become. Love, Dad
Love the uncle pics with little Huddie, he's so photogenic!
What a great post by YOU! It's so true...we need to live in the moment and enjoy it! Sometimes that is hard to do, but life is so much better when you enjoy the moment! How fun to reflect on high school prom! Where does the time go? Your sister looks beautiful! You should've posted a picture of you and Kirk at prom! We've got to see that one!:)
Oh, and that is a GREAT idea to get the Lasik surgery done. My brother and his wife got it done and LOVE IT! I wear contacts, too, and I don't know what I'd do if I woke up and could SEE and didn't have to put glasses on or contacts in! That would ROCK!
Wow Joanna, your so cute! I need to be a little more like you!
LOVE her dress! It's been a while since I've seen a modest cute dress! Way to go! She looks very pretty.
hey joanna,
just wondering if you were planning something for kirk this weekend? i remember that you were talking about it at the brunch. take care
Post a Comment