Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A little bit of everything- summer school catch up!

This last week has been another fun one, and even more enjoyable than the rest of the summer for me because I completed summer school! Yes, I made it through alive! Thanks to eveyone who helped me out with Bruin and Capri, and helped them have a fun summer even when mommy had to go off to school. Now that school is over I have been trying to play catch up on all the things I missed out on while I was in classes. So here is an summary of our catch up week.


We began with a wonderful trip down to San Diego to see my cousin Micheal speak at his mission homecoming. He surprised us with a yummy Brazilian meal for lunch, and it kept me full through dinner time! He impressed me so much with the talk he gave- simply wonderful! Here is Capri on his shoulders.

My cousin Greg holding sleepy Hudson. He and Micheal will both be heading up to BYU in the fall.

Capri was such a good girl, and she surprised me when my aunt sat down with her to work on her letters. She wrote her name (the one on the bottom) nearly perfectly! At home if I try to teach her anything she runs away, but with my aunt she was so happy learning. Guess I need to drive there more often so my little Capri can show me how smart she really is.

I took the kids to the $2 movies, and they had fun eating all their snacks.

Hudson kept me on my toes at the theatre. I finally gave into letting him crawl on that nasty floor. After the movie the front of his onsie was nearly black- DISGUSTING!

Next was a trip to the beach with the cousins and Grandma Salmon. Elle and Hudson rode in the wagon, and behind them was a gigantic pile of beach supplies.

The kids are always happy when Grandpa Mark comes to visit. He played baseball with the boys, and they just thought that was the best!

After the park he took us all out for a McDonalds ice cream. How much better can a day get? Please excuse Capri's messy face- she can make a mess out of just about any food.

Lastly, I thought it would be good to capture a picture of cousins Lauren and Hudson. They sure are keeping Janell and I busy at the pool this year. Hudson is now 7 months, and Lauren is 5 months.


So that is our fun week in a nutshell!

5 comments:

Laura said...

Congrats on finishing your summer school. I bet that is a relief!

Mark Monroe said...

Thanks for posting the pictures from last Saturday. I had so much fun with the grandchildren at the park and at McDonald's. I look forward to seeing you again this weekend with Great Grandma Monroe!
Dad

Jayne said...

way to go! finishing school! you're a great gal

the monroe family said...

i'm impressed with capri's printing. great job capri!!

Janell said...

It feels good to have you back! I've missed hangin out... darn school, stole my best friend :( J/K! I'm so proud of you, you are so stinkin smart and a fabulous mommy too! I love the pool pic of the babies, gotta get a copy of it!