Monday, July 7, 2008

Shrink a Dink

My sister and I were talking the other day about how fast our babies are growing. I asked her if she remembered those little plastic things called shrink a dinks that you could color and then put in the oven to shrink. I wish we could do that to babies just the same, and make them small again. Hudson is growing up way too fast for my liking.

He is currently army crawling to get around. He has just begun to get up on his knees and rock, so he will be crawling in no time. Baby gate here we come! He also holds his own bottle at feedings, which is much enjoyed by both Kirk and I. He has begun enjoying baby food a little more, although he is not fully convinced that food is the way to go. He likes looking at himself in mirrors, and also loves other babies. If his cousin Lauren comes over to play we have to keep a close eye on Hudson's proximity to her. He has come very close to scratching out her eyes, and tackling her. He also loves his brother and big sister, who keep him very entertained (sometimes a little overstimulated I think).
I just love him so much, and miss him so much when I go to school. I can't resist attacking him with kisses when I get home. His curly hair and big blue eyes just make my heart melt. Here are a few pictures to show how big he is getting.

Up on his knees, and ready to crawl.




Holding his own bottle

3 comments:

Tiffany J said...

I totally remember Shrink a dinks! Those were awesome. It's interesting because I have felt that way now that Brady has turned 2...where have those 2 years gone!? I miss some things about him and realize that since he's a boy pretty soon he won't need me anymore...it's amazing how attached we become. I wouldn't trade it for the world. Your kids really are super cute and I love reading about your relationships together. You have a GREAT family!

the monroe family said...

how funny joanna i loved shrinky dinks too! hudson is adorable and even though they do grow up fast they each have such amazing personalities. it is wonderful to see it grow.

Anonymous said...

Hudson is getting BIG!! What a big boy now...holding his own bottle and everything..next he will be walking..WATCH OUT!! Miss you girl!! Hope things are going good!! ;)