Anyways, I was lucky enough to spend Thursday evening visiting with my Grandma. She came prepared to entertain the kids with books, and a bead craft- what a woman! The kids had so much fun with her. I am starting to realize that I am so blessed to still have so many of my Grandparents around. My children have met most of their great grandparents, which I'm finding out is more rare than I realized. I've been trying to capture some of the moments of my children with their great grandparents, so here is one I got this weekend with Great Grandma Monroe.
Julia and Capri listening to Great Grandma read them a story about a silly dogOn Friday afternoon I was having a nice visit with my Dad and Grandma Monroe at my home when I got a call from my wonderful roommate Kristen from my freshman year at Ricks college. She was at Ontario airport flying in for a work conference. She was debating whether to rent a car or take a taxi around town. I thought it best for me just to go pick her up from the airport since it was only about 10-15 minutes away. My Dad heard me on the phone discussing the situation and volunteered to pick her up and bring her over to my place. She was able to come and spend the day with my family swimming and having a home cooked meal at my place. It was fun catching up with her- being that it had been 5 years since our last visit! We reminisced about the fun times we had that year. It was amazing how I felt so comfortable talking to her. It was like we had never been apart. My kids took to her very well, especially my little social Capri. We were also able to go and visit Erika at her home, since she was one of our roommates as well. Here are the three of us all together. I wish I could figure out how to scan in photos, so I could post a then and now picture, but I am technically challenged so that will have to wait.
On Saturday after Kristen's meeting I picked her up from her hotel and we went out for some yummy Mexican food, and followed that up with a trip to the mall to shop, and then onto Dairy Queen for a delicious treat. Hudson came along with us that evening while my magnificent brother-in-law watched Bruin and Capri for me- THANKS DARIN!
I loved my weekend visiting with some special people who will forever be a part of my life.
4 comments:
I'm so jealous you got to hang out with Kristen!!! We had such fun memories at school.
Those special weekends are my favorite kind. Looks like you had a great time.
Joanna, I had the BEST time ever hanging out with you and Erika. You have the cutest kids and home! I wish we could live by each other so we could hang out all the time! Thank you so much for all you did, and thank your grandma for making me lunch, and your dad for picking me up at the airport. I made it back safe and sound. :) Thanks again!
Love,
Kristen
319 for life! :)
Post a Comment