Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Enrichment night a success!!!

I am still all worked up over my enrichment night, so I thought I would blog about it. It's not been easy for me with my calling lately. I've had a very hectic schedule between, school, internship hours, cleaning kids, cleaning house, and planning enrichment. To say its been a struggle is a bit of an understatement..... but enough boo hooing. I want to announce that Enrichment was a success, and that all the planning meetings, phone calls, stress (breakouts to prove it), counseling with family members, and fervent praying were all worth it.

We had a wonderful speaker who spoke about service, and focused on Christ's Life of Service, followed by a dinner. Our activity was a oh so fun service auction with great items up for auction. I have a ward filled with talented and creative women. We auctioned off quilts, scrapbook pages, dinners, desserts, FHE lessons, babysitting, hours of present wrapping for Christmas, Family Research sessions, brow/lip wax, a painting, photography sessions, dance class, and more!!!! The women were hilarious to watch! I can't believe I forgot to take pictures! I was cracking up when there was a bidding war on the homemade cinnamon rolls and also on this "love handler" exercise machine that someone offered to lend out for 2 weeks and also offered to demo. I'm looking forward to hearing about some of the services that go on in the next couple months between our sisters. I hope this unites our ward, and makes us a stronger unit.

I am looking forward to my free night of babysitting and freshly baked bread on a Sunday afternoon . Those are the things that I won-and I'm oh so happy about that! Anyone who is looking for a fun enrichment night, this is the one!
A shout out to anyone who reads this and helped out with the evening. It was definitely a group effort. Unassigned people were helping set up, clean up, and even assist with cooking! I am surrounded by a wonderful group of women. I love the Relief Society, and feel so blessed to be a part of it. I also can't overlook the support from my husband. He is the one who enables me to seem like miss wonderwoman sometimes. When I got home tonight the kids were in bed, and the house was spottless! He spent all day with the children while I was out preparing enrichment and taking an exam for my wonderful Biology course. If you happen to read thing-thanks hunny!

7 comments:

Nora's world said...

I'm glad it went well and I am sorry I missed it. Hopefully Sam's schedule will calm down soon.

Tiffany J said...

Yea Joanna! I'm glad it was a total success! It's always nice to see the hard work and stress pay off!

I had a great time chatting with you the other night! Sorry if I ended up talking your ear off! ha ha We all need to hang out!

Mark Monroe said...

I'm so happy that things went well after all of your concerns and worries! I hope things went well for you as well at your College classes that night. Not only your hard work and prayers were answered, but you were also rewarded for the time you and your family spent working for passage of Prop 8! The Lord blesses us when we do what HE asks of us.

Love, Dad

Carrie Anne said...

what an awesome enrichment! we did one of these in our ward when we lived in cleveland & it was so much fun! i think i ended up taking someone to the airport at 4am as my service. your trip with kirk looks like it was such a blast, too! i'm so glad you got to do that! so worth it!!!

Jayne said...

yes, it was a great night, and I was thrilled to get that baby blanket! the food was great too,
great job Joanna!

Blake ~ Amber ~ Noah ~ Jade said...

Wow, you are a busy lady!! Good thing you have a good hubby to help you out!!

The Okamoto Clan said...

It was a fun night...you did a great job! I'm glad I ended up going at the last minute! I can't wait to eat my cinnamon rolls!!!