Our plan changed into 4 nights when I received a phone call notifying me that the reception was going to be a night early due to predicted rain on Tuesday night. My sis and I decided to take off a day early to make it for the reception, while our husbands stayed home to work. We took the babies and the girls, and left the boys with Darin for the night. We were right on time (which is pretty unusual for us) until we hit major traffic because of this on the side of the road. At first we smelled fire and were really worried, but come to find out it was just the firemen setting small control fires. Luckily it didn't take too long, and before we knew it we were....
At the beautiful reception visiting with tons of family, all while keeping track of these princesses and....
These cute babies who wanted to take a dip in the pool. It was such a nice reception in my aunt and uncles backyard. We had yummy catered panda express food, good company, beautiful/unique decorations, and fun music. Janell and I were so glad that we decided to go down early even though it let to quite an interesting night.
This picture says it all! This is the result of Janell and I trying to save a few bucks and sharing a hotel room for one night with the two babies. Hudson ended up in the most unique of sleeping arrangements. Janell and I are very proud of our ingenuity! It was a desperate attempt at 3am to get Hudson back to sleep without waking Lauren.
What a beautiful place to be married! That's why Kirk and I chose the same place :).
The next day we spent the day with my dad and Grandma at their place, then went to Point Loma near our hotel and visited this light house. The kids had fun looking through the binoculars at the passing boats.
Hudson had fun checking out the display
This is a view looking down from the second floor of the lighthouse.
After the lighthouse my camera died, but that evening Janell and I went over to visit my Grandma Kirkpatrick. We just sat and talked, looked at pictures, and talked about her thanksgiving plans. It is really hard to leave there because I never know when the next time will be. The next day we had a yummy breakfast, and then the Salmon clan joined in the fun. We went in the spa, played pool, ping pong, miniature golf, shuffle board, and some mean connect four. Our unique thanksgiving dinner was at Panda Express (the only place in town open). We had a fun night playing games until it was time to put the kiddos to bed.
Finally, we ended our week with another yummy meal at the hotel restaurant, and a few bike rides along the harbor.
I have to admit that I was a bit disappointed not eating a thanksgiving feast, but I was totally satisfied this Sunday when we got together for our feast- delicious!
I feel so blessed to have so much wonderful family who loves me and my children. I also am so thankful for the gospel in my life that guides me in my life choices. I am thankful for all that I am blessed with, and I am grateful for the holidays that bring family together and remind us of what is truly important.
4 comments:
It was so fun to see you guys and play with your kids and talk and everything! Love you!
Joanna!
Hey, I just started a blog but it's private. I want to invite you to read it, but I need your email address. I've been checking out your blog, what a cute family! Haven't talked to you in forever, glad to see you are all doing great.
Michelle Lauritzen
mmhicken@yahoo.com
Your post is so cute and fun, much better than mine! You got some great pics.
Great pictures and recap of your week here in San Diego. It was so much fun hanging out with you, Kirk and my fantastic grandchildren. My sisters had so much fun visiting with you and with your children. Dad
Post a Comment