My Grandmother has been very ill and is currently restrained to her bed at home. She was in the hospital for the good part of a month, but decided that she would rather spend her last days in the comfort of her home. I took the kids down to visit with her last week. It was difficult seeing her like this, but I definately don't regret the trip. I feel so blessed to have the gospel in my life at times like this. I am grateful to have a testimony of heaven, and of the plan of salvation. I can't imagine the depth of pain I would feel being unsure of whether or not I would see my grandma again. Here is the best picture I got of her.

We stayed for the afternoon, and for lunch. Here is Hudson with his great grandpa.

I am amazed to see how much my grandfather loves my grandmother after all the years they have been together. He spends every waking moment making sure she is happy, comfortable, and has anything she may need. At night he is sleeping right there on the floor next to her hospital bed so that he is always available if she is in need. I hope that when Kirk and I have grown old together that our love can be as strong as theirs is, and that we will be there for eachother until the end of this life.
5 comments:
What a sweet post and what a good example from your Grandfather of looking after your loved ones. I hope Aaron and I are like that too.
That is a good picture of Grandma. She looks pretty in that nightgown. I'm glad you had a good visit. I'm excited to see her next week. By the way, Huddies flat top is COOL!
Oh, and I can't wait for TWILIGHT! We are meeting up at 10:30 to get to the theater an hour early. I need to pick up our tickets sometime this week.
tears about your grandpa loving your grandma so much that he sleeps on the floor next to her bed! how sweet is that? i'm glad you got to go & see her...the gospel is so wonderful!
Hey Joanna! Good to hear from you. New York was a blast and Emma totally loved it...but we do just have one kid. I think it would be hard on the streets unless you had something that connected all of you! There is plenty to see though that kids would love as well so I don't think you would have a problem with that. We rented an apartment off of craigslist and it was the best ever! We stayed right in the city and had a kitchen so we didn't have to eat out at every meal. We just ate out once a day and had the rest at home. It was a really fun trip!
Ok this post totally touched my heart! Your grandpa sleeps on the floor next to her?? what a sweetheart! I hope that Steve and I have a strong relationship that lasts the test of time like that! I'm glad you got to visit her. Sweet memories.
PS YOu are awesome for sending that! Thanks!!!
Post a Comment