Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Special Bruin and Mommy lunch


Since we have had fires here very close to our home (we could see the flames from our upstairs windows), Bruin has been home from school for the past two days. It has been nice to be able to spend some extra time with him that we haven't been getting enough of with our busy schedules. Today the kids and I met up with some friends at "Jumping Jacks" so they could get some energy out (being inside is difficult after a few days). Hudson even had fun there crawling and walking around- yes, my little Hudson is walking!!!

Next, we dropped off Capri at Tiny Tots and headed home to lay Hudson down for his nap. Kirk has been at court for the last two days, so it was just Bruin and I. I told him he could choose whatever he wanted for us to eat for lunch, and it would be our "special Bruin and Mommy lunch". He chose pancakes, eggs w/ cheese, and bacon. I let him help me do everything, and he loved it! He gave me so many hugs and smiles that it just made me melt. Here he is getting ready to eat his special lunch with mommy. ALL SMILES!!!

Bruin really is a special boy. He is a very sensitive- very different from most boys his age. He is also very intelligent. For example, last week as our family drove by our own condo he was trying to say how old all of us were when we lived there. He figured out that I was 23 when we lived there. Kirk asked him how he figured that out and he explained, "well, mommy had me when she was 21, and I was 2 when we lived there, so that means she was 23." He had a little smirk on his face when he was talking because he knew Kirk and I were impressed. Sometimes I have to ask him how old I am because his memory is much better than mine! He is also very well behaved, and I love him to death for that! He is a good example to his younger siblings, which makes life so much easier. I am so grateful that he was sent to our family.

Thank you Bruin for sharing this special lunch with me today. I love you so much!

2 comments:

Tiffany J said...

What a good idea! That's so awesome that he got to spend some one on one time with you! I bet it's a treat he'll remember forever! You're such a good mom!

melanie said...

Umm...so are the fires still close? SCARY!