Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Boo Boos and BOOS!!!

FIRST- THE BIG BOO BOO

It all began last week when Capri was testing out the pumpkin. She began by using it as a drum, then moved onto rolling it, and ended by taking a big kick at it. She nailed her big toe right on the button. I thought it was just a cracked toenail, so I paid little attention to it until 2 days later when it was beginning to swell, with redness all around, and not to mention Capri limping and hobbling all over the place. It was quite a hoot telling the various doctors and nurses that the culprit was a pumpkin! After a few visits to the doctor, a giant shot in the rear, 10 days of antibiotics, a cut into her skin to release pressure and possible puss from infection, many foot soaks, and a dismantling nail..... she is finally about 85% recovered.

This sad face persisted for about a week!

And this is the reason... YUCK!!!


Moral of the story... Kicking a pumpkin is not a good idea. Do not let this be your toe next Halloween.

Despite the toe incident Halloween was a success. Halloween came and went in a flash. I started the day off bringing Bruin and his fellow classmates to school. They all dressed up as rustlers (aka. cowboys), since that is their school mascot and is the only thing they are permitted to dress up as. Bruin's class had a full on breakfast and fun pumpkin decorating craft.



In the evening we went to our ward's trunk-or-treat where we kept Hudson corralled in his playpen, and he didn't seem to mind... Thank goodness!!! If you were wondering, yes that is the same pumpkin that Capri kicked. We never did get around to carving it.



The kids grabbed up a ton of candy and then posed for some shots. It was so nice to have Janell and Darin's family join us, as well as my Dad. Don't all the kids look adorable!!! Janell's kids were all along the Peter Pan theme- so cute! Why can't I be that creative?



We ended the night with a nice relaxing party at a friends house. We had some yummy food, and took the kids around to get more candy. Hudson sat in the stroller for the entire trip around the neighborhood. Capri's toe slowed her down a bit- just enough so that I could keep up. Halloween fun is over, and now I feel the year coming quickly to an end. With that comes many things including time with family, Hudson's 1st birthday, an end to the semester (hooray!!!), and many holiday memories.

3 comments:

Tiffany J said...

SO fun! Poor Capri's toe but what a fun Halloween! I love that your family gets the kids together so often! Great memory builders for them! They all look adorable!

I hope your toe feels better Capri =)

Rachel Garces said...

Poor toe! I lost my big toe nail last year in a jogging stroller accident and it was sooo painful. I took a full year to completely grow back. she has my sympathy.

Laura said...

Poor thing....I hope it heals quickly :) I am glad you had a good Halloween.