Saturday, February 21, 2009

Family Night for about $10

This week we decided to do something a little different for family night. We wanted to take the kids to do something outdoors since we have been stuck inside for a couple weeks because of the rain, but we didn't want to spend too much $$$ (like usual). We opted for the kids first miniature golfing experience at Scandia.
If you know our family well you know that we rarely go anywhere unless we have a coupon in hand, so of course we used our 2 for 1 coupon. Bruin and Capri each golfed and it cost a total of $6.75. Bruin absolutely loved it! At one point he said, "this is funner than Disneyland!" He was so proud of how well he did. Our little Capri wasn't quite as skilled as her big brother, but Daddy did help her get a hole in one (which I missed of course because I was busy trying to get a picture of Hudson strapped down in his stroller). I did let him out later for a few minutes, but he was strapped back down quickly after a few attempts at diving into the water, stealing the kids' golf balls, and nearly tumbling down a little hill. The final score on the par 30 course was : BRUIN, 52 and Capri, 78. Not the best scores, but lots of fun for sure.





(Kirk trying to win our next coupon, serious business! And Hudson in his pinned down position)

Next we headed home for a quick dinner of Chicken Pillows by the kids' (including Kirk) request. While dinner cooked we had a lesson about "responsibilities." We each decided on a couple things we needed to be more responsible for this week and wrote up a list. It was funny trying to help each other think of things. This is our final result:

Mommy: Clean bathrooms, dust (these are my most hated chores)
Daddy: put away shoes, turn off TV when done watching (I wish those were mine)
Bruin: feed fish, make bed, vacuum 2 x per week, put away clothes
Capri: make bed, water flowers, put dirty clothes in laundry, brush teeth
Hudson: be happy, give kisses, be funny


After dinner and clean up we all jumped back in the van with coupon in hand for our 2 free small yogurts at Golden Spoon. The kids both chose a Chocolate Mint with sprinkles, and Kirk and I decided to share a large strawberry, peanut butter cup, vanilla mix for $3.75. Kirk swears that when you get 3 different kinds you get so much more, so of course we had to choose 3.
(can you believe those are smalls? And Hudson getting a few bites of the goods.)
With some creativity and coupon searching we had an extra special family night for about $10!

3 comments:

Tiffany J said...

SUPER fun FHE! Now I wanna know what Coupon tree you have so I can dive in it and get a few ha ha...seriously though where do you accumulate the fun coupons!?

Joanna said...

We have bought the entertainment book for about 5 years now, and love the coupons that come out of there. We also sign up for the any birthday clubs etc. when we are out. For example... we never go to Don Jose's if we don't have a 2 for 1. I also look in a few of the mailers that come and there are always fun coupons for around the city. We admit that we are coupon lovers!!!

Michelle said...

That sounds like a really fun family night. I love that you are a money saving, coupon cutting, cheap girl like me! :) I love finding deals and spending the least amount of money possible.