Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A morning with the Farm animals

Yup, that's what we did on Monday morning! A group of my sister's friends from church were going to a farm close by and invited us to go. I said no at first because I didn't want to miss my Monday routine morning workout, but after some thought I decided that it was a great opportunity for Capri and that we would go. (WARNING: picture overload!!!)

First they got to see the garden and smell the rosemary...

Next, balance beam and meet the 65 year old cow (in cow years) Tina...

Onto petting the baby bunny rabbits and feeding the pigs some Swiss chard....

A photo op of the stroller crew, and Hudson finally out of the stroller enjoying the goats through the gate. We did go into the "petting zoo area," but not too much fun with Capri freaking out and the goat enjoying a little Velcro treat (aka Hudson's shoe).

Capri's self-declared favorite part was feeding the baby cows their milk-although you couldn't tell it by the looks on her face. These babies were so excited to drink their milk that two kids needed to hold each bottle. There was milk flying everywhere! I asked my sis if she would like to nurse that "baby," ouch is all I have to say!!! Next she spotted a little next filled with eggs.

Finally, our sorry attempts at some photos! Hudson just loves getting his picture taken, can't you tell?

I wish I had a good camera and some real photo skills because the kids looked so cute just staring out into the field and watching the chickens run around.

In all, I was glad that I decided to ditch my workout and make a fun memory with my two little ones. I think it would be so much fun to raise kids on a large property like that, but I have a feeling my husband would not feel the same way.

4 comments:

Carrie Anne said...

that's awesome! what a fun little field trip! i love your FHE you did! that is super fun! i have wanted to do mini golf for a while now...we just need to get out & do it! fun times you are having! love that valentine party, too! you are so much fun!:)

Tiffany J said...

What a fun morning! I bet Capri will remember this for a long time! I would NEVER want to nurse a "baby" cow...good grief can you imagine? ha ha Hudson is such a cutie and he's getting so big! Glad you guys had so much fun!

ERIN said...

Hi it's your cousin Erin. I have a blog now too, so go to wwwmelovekirkpatrick.blogspot.com , ok.

ERIN said...

did you see my blog? I love yours