On Saturday came more unusual behavior, but from Bruin this time! He went up to his room and took a nap for a couple hours. I have to note that the peace and quiet was quite nice, but when he got up I took his temperature and it was even higher than Capri's at 102 degrees. Luckily it went down quickly after a dose of Tylenol. I decided it best to just stay home and rest Saturday night. The kids stayed home with Kirk on Sunday while I went to church with Hudson since I had some responsibilities there to take care of. When I came home I could tell that the kids were feeling better. The house was much more messy then it had been the prior 2 days, and the kids were jumping off the walls it seemed. Bruin had made me a cute little early Mother's day card and picked me some flowers. I have been looking all over for the card he made me because it was sooooo cute, but of course its the only piece of art ever that has disappeared without me throwing it out. It said in Bruin's writing.....
I LOVE U MOM I WILL HELP YOU WITH HUDSON.
On the front there was a picture of him and I with our names above our heads. I think some girls are going to be in line to get this one when he gets home from his mission. He is so sweet and sensitive, and I love that about him. Sometimes I complain because he cries a lot more than other boys his age, but that is because he is so sensitive.
Anyways, Sunday night we stayed home again!
Then Monday we did venture out to the park for an hour, but other then that not much has occurred. I'm glad that I was able to watch Janell's kids this evening with my sister Joy's help since it would have been another lonely night with Kirk gone doing a Cinco de Mayo DUI checkpoint. I think I'm just ready for my husband to be home, which isn't going to happen since they called him in for court today, and now it is carried over to tomorrow since they didn't get to him (but had him sitting there waiting anyways).
I was also looking forward to getting our family pictures taken by a friend tomorrow, but I don't even want to think about it because I just have a feeling that Kirk is going to be at the courthouse all day long. If I don't look forward to anything then I can't be disappointed right?
I think this is enough of my nonsense, so I'm going to finish up here and say.
SUMMED UP : HOPE YOUR WEEKEND WAS MORE FUN AND MORE EVENTFUL THEN MINE.
9 comments:
Man, if THAT was the unusual behavior, you should have called all the mothers and had their kids come over for spit swapping! I would LOVE a good long voluntary nap!\"/ Glad they are feeling better!
Grant was sick a couple of weeks ago. He took 3 naps a day. I felt bad for the boy but it sure was nice being able to get stuff done. You are a trooper for having your husband gone so much lately. Especially having to change your family picture appointment. I know how that goes...
Its sad when kids do great things like nap on their own (Gavin, sits still and cuddles with me) and its because they arent feeling well. LOL. Hope your pictures work out.
oh joanna, i'm sorry for the uneventful weekend. i know that everything will work out with your family pictures. on a side note, at least you can have family photos taken, ethan has a horrible fear of studios. take care...love ya!
Our weekend was the same as yours. I think we are over the worst of it finally.
I know about that unusual behavior because it doesn't happen very often, does it?:) I know Rebecca is really, truly sick when she is compliant and lethargic...and that is super rare! I'm glad they're feeling better now! Sometimes we need those uneventful weekends...at least no barf, right?:)
you'll have to give me your friends number. I'm very interested. I'm glad that pictures worked out :)
It was so fun getting to hang out with you guys! We need to get together more often! Your kids are adorable! Love the names...veeery cute!
that happened once with noah, his was 103.1. Crazy!! Cute shirts all 3 of your kids are in at the top of your blog, love that!!
Post a Comment