Thursday, March 6, 2008

Kids these days

Today we had Nora over to play with Capri while Bruin was away at tiny tots. They were having fun dressing up, so I decided to do their hair the same and paint their toe nails. So what? These are things we all did as kids, but here is the thing that I find interesting. I went to take a picture of them together, and as I was taking the shot Nora is asking me if she can put this picture on her blog. She was satisfied when I explained that I would email the picture to her mom so she could put it on her blog. After I was finished taking a few shots they both ran over to me saying "let me see, let me see." This is so different then when I was young and never saw the pictures until months later when my mom had a stack of film to take to the store to get developed, and then weeks later remembering to pick them up. By the time you saw the pictures you could hardly remember why you even took the picture in the first place, and of course you had several pictures that were just awful!
I am really starting to feel old as I watch my kids do so many things with technology now.

What are some things that your kids or grandkids do or things they find completely normal that make you feel old?

Little cheerleaders

We had to take a picture with each one wearing the crown(we have others, but were unable to find it due to the huge amount of unorganized toys in Capri's toy box)

10 comments:

Hangin with the Burke's said...

That is so funny, Christian totally emails his cousins in Texas. He gets home and will ask me if he got an email. It is really cute!

Carrie Anne said...

JOANNA! I'm so happy you found our blog, because I tried to send a Christmas card and it got sent back to me! James and I were JUST talking about you guys and wondering how you were and what was new with you. Now we have the blogs! WAHOOOOOOOOO! Thanks for posting, because now I can add you to our list! Be in touch for sure! I'm off to take James to the airport, but I'll catch up on your blog later on! So fun!

Blume Bunch said...

thats really funny!!! :) cute girls!

The Okamoto Clan said...

Hey! I'm glad you joined the blog world too! Looks good so far!

summer c said...

Hi Joanna. I don't know if you remember me or not--Summer Christiansen--but we were in the Acacia Park Ward with you. You guys were in the nursery and you were pregnant with your first baby--I don't think you guys had been married for that long when we met. I found your Blog on Jessica B's blog. It was fun to find you. We also have 3 kids now. Crazy huh? Check out my blog: crazychristiansens.blogspot.com

FelonyMelanie said...

Your kids are so cute! I bet you are the best mom ever. It is so true how kids understand technology so quickly, makes you feel old to remember how legos and barbies were the most exciting thing ever as a kid.

Trenda said...

Hi Joanna! This is too funny . . . you must have been in the same ward in Fullerton that I was in because I noticed on your comments that you know Carrie Rhodes and Summer Christiansen, who I know as well from the Acacia Park Ward. The difference is that they didn't know you when you were 10 years old! Anyway, congratulations on the new baby! He is adorable . . . I love his hair! Feel free to check out our blog any time. www.poulterfamily.blogspot.com

Trenda said...

Oh, and to answer your questions about kids doing things these days that we never did . . . playing with cell phones, playing games on the computer all alone for an hour at the age of 3! Using a web cam. to talk to family, drawing pictures on daddy's palm pilot! Yeah, I do feel old! It makes me wonder what our grandchildren will do that our kids never did.

Carolee said...

So true!! The 1st thing my kids do after a picture is run up to take a look. It will be funny when they get older and we can tell them about how "old fashioned" our cameras were.

Sarah Hull said...

SO fun that you guys have a blog! How darling are your THREE KIDS!!! I am excited to keep in touch again. Hope all is well.