I just felt like getting out of the house instead of staying home as I usually do on Friday nights. I had a few modbe orders to run around to people, so I did that (although only one person was actually home). So, my kids were pretty ready to get out the van after that. We all ran into Best Buy to make a return, and then I told them that since they had been so good we could run over to the Mall for them to play in the play area. They were so excited! I let them play for about 45 minutes until Hudson woke up and I knew he was going to be hungry, so we left. On the way out Bruin saw someone with ice cream and asked if he and Capri could get one. I said that we would try to find a McDonalds on the way home. We ended up stopping at Burger King where he and Capri shared a milkshake and had fun making milk mustaches. I was able to feed Hudson while they enjoyed their treat. They just thought I was the best mom ever.
Look at those happy kids.
On the way home I remembered that Capri still had a "fort" built in her room from earlier when Julia and Trey were over playing. Inspired by my friend Carrie- I asked them if they would like to sleep in their fort tonight. They were so excited that when we got home they ran upstairs, put on their pjs, brushed their teeth, went potty, and went and laid down in record time. Now they are fast asleep together in their fort.
Ever seen a kid so happy to be going to bed?
They thought Hudson should get a picture with them too.
(Hudson doesn't look very fond of the fort)
What a fun night as a mom. I guess going out by myself on a Friday night isn't too bad afterall. Maybe I will try it again next week.
8 comments:
CUTIES and looks like they had FUN!! ;)
isn't it amazing how ice cream just makes everything better to a child...i do the same thing when jon is working late and it works everytime too
Glad you had a fun night; your kids are so lucky to have a fun Mom like you!
Can't wait to go out tonight!
Janell
I love having nights like that by myself with my kids. Noah just gets so happy with little things like that! I Love it! The seat thing is called a bumbo, i got it from wal-mart. Its Great. I've seen them being sold on Craigslist for cheaper, if your into that. P.S Love hudson's hair, its adorable!!!
So I was just commenting on carrie's blog about what a good mom she is. You are awesome too! Hello super moms! You should give yourself props for the slumber parties, tents and ice cream. Its hard having 3 and trying to be creative on top of it! Your awesome!
I love that you let them sleep in the fort. I will have to try that on one of the nights I am home alone with Grant.
Yeah for you! I love those "I feel like I'm the coolest Mom on earth" moments...they are worth it, huh? I had forgotten how cool forts are, but now that the kids are older and can enjoy it, it's such a blast and such a great change up to the regular routine. It looks like you have had some really fun mini vacations! And I cannot believe how old Bruin and Capri are! They are so big! Wow! Remember when they were babies? Man time flies!
i love forts. how fun. being a mom isn't always easy - somehow having three children means i yell more, dang it.
Post a Comment