Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Hudson Rolling and Dr.Update

Well, our little Hudson is officially a roller. In this last week he has figured out how to roll both ways. As soon as I put him down on his back he is over on his stomach. He doesn't like it on his stomach, so luckily he has figured out quite a few times how to get from his stomach to his back. I simply can't believe how fast he is growing up. Here is a little video of him.

DOCTOR UPDATE:

Thank you to everyone who has been asking how I am feeling. I'm still not doing too well pain wise (thank goodness for some good pain meds) or else I would be in bed crying. I'm hopeful though that tomorrow I will have some real healing starting.

A Kaiser nursing specialist finally called me back this morning (I have placed 3 calls in the last 2 weeks). I told her all about my symptoms and visits to the doctor and urgent care. I was both happy and upset to hear that she definately thinks that the doctors misdiagnosed me. She believes that I have a yeast infection in my duct. I never even knew this existed until I did some research today. I had to roll my eyes at this point in our conversation.

The nurse: "what have you taken today as far as medication?"

My response: "the antibiotic and a pain medication."

The nurse: "why are you taking the antibiotic?"

My response: "UMMMMM, because that is what the doctors told me to do."

That is when she proceded to tell me that the antibiotics were making to worse, and to stop immediately!

This is the first time I have had to say it- I hate the way Kaiser is run. I have seen 3 different doctors, and they all just follow what the first doctor did even though it obviously wasn't working. I tried to explain my symptoms to each one, but it seems like they just look at what the last doc. said and do the same thing. I will be seeing the specialist tomorrow morning, but she already gave me a few things to try, as well as stopping the antibiotic (which seems to be helping). So, hopefully this will be the end of my pain, and I will be back on the road to enjoying my nursing experience with Hudson.

3 comments:

summer c said...

Seriously! That is so frustrating...sorry! I forget how lucky I am that Jon is a doctor and can tell me when others are full of crap! But its good that you followed up with that nurse that finally decided to call you back or else you wouldn't be having much relief! Good luck girl!

Kim L. said...

AHHH! I am so sorry! I mentioned this on your mastitis post...to watch out for that after taking antibiotics... I have heard it is deadlier than Mastitis. SO SORRY! Good luck! SO SORRY!

Amber said...

I can't imagine how bad you must be feeling! Im so sorry to hear it.
And I cant believe you little Hudson is rolling over! Time flies